Saturday, April 28, 2012

My last day in Bangalore..



 Mumbai, the city of opportunities, that’s what my father has been telling me about this place since last few months. I was working in Bangalore before getting transferred to this one. Yes, I was getting married and my fiancée works in Mumbai so as a tradition I was suppose to shift to Mumbai, leaving my lovely friends, superb climate and butterfly type lifestyle. Believe me I just loved Bangalore and everything about it, but my shifting took place in such hussy-fussy manner (Friday only I came to know that Monday is my reporting in Mumbai, Saturday after work I had to fly for Mumbai) that I couldn’t even say a proper goodbye to my beloved city then.. When I think now, I just can’t believe that that was the way I left from Bangalore.. The Bangalore..

1st October 2011 was my last day in Bangalore, after 3 years 2 months and 3 days I had to bid adieu to the Silicon Valley. The girl who entered on 15th July 2008 in the capital of Karnataka was totally transformed into a new girl when she left this garden city on 1st October 2011. The atmosphere, culture and people of Bangalore helped a lot in changing my views towards life n people in all positive ways. I was more confident, more sincere and livelier person than before. That’s the gift to me from Bangalore.
That morning when I woke up, I knew that this is going to be my last day in that my very own room in that house where I almost spent those beautiful 19 months and my then city. I got up with heavy heart, took bath, did pooja. Meantime when I went to the kitchen Navdeep came to talk as I was leaving that day. I spoke to her harshly coz I was angry with her for something. Then we happened to have some argument n finally I cried coz I couldn’t hide my emotion that I was really upset leaving her, my room and that house all of a sudden. Then we had breakfast (I guess) and I left that house for office for the last time.
 The sad part was yet to come, when I reached office I worked like normal but then I spoke to Kashif about me leaving early as I had to finish some task also, he agreed like always but I could sense that he was sad. From the time I entered in the office I was holding myself and making myself remember that I don’t have to look sad. Then while verifying the data in system my tears started rolling on my cheeks. I just broke, couldn’t handle myself. All the good memories with Kashif, all fighting, teasing, pulling leg of each other started flashing in front of my eyes. I couldn’t believe that I was crying, literally crying. And when I finally got up from my seat to leave I realized that this would be the last time, when I’ll sign out my ID here, lift my purse from the drawer and turn to Kashif and say “Main jaati hu” open the gate and press the button of lift. I used to do this everyday but today was something different. And maybe even Kashif knew this that today when I’ll lift my purse I wont keep it again. I was talking to Kashif and he refused to look at me that time only I realized that he was crying. It was a sad moment coz we had become really good friends in those last 3 years. When I said goodbye to everyone else in the office they all forced me to stay for one more hour so that they can do the proper send off for me. Though I was running out of time I din want to hurt them on my last day in that office so I agreed. Then they gave me a proper send off with some gifts, bouquet and some good talks about me. I left the office. Kashif and Muni came to c me off till the Auto, yes I was travelling in auto as I had sent my bike to Mumbai.
I reached my place, checked my room and sat with Navdeep for sometime. We both were sad coz time was fleeting and we dint know what to do. We wanted to spend some good time but there was no time. She is not that emotional types (at least not like me) but still we had spent one year in the same house. More than flatmates we were friends. We’d shared all our good as well as bad time with each other. I knew that I was going to miss her and even she would miss me for some days, each n every second was making me more n more sad. It was making me realise that my time in this city is getting lesser n lesser with each second.
Kashif was about to come to pick me up and drop to airport. We (I and Navedeep) came out to the main Road as it was getting late for me to reach airport, yet there was no sign of him. I called him n he kept saying that he’s almost there but it took him more than half n hour to reach there then I sat in the car n engine started. I even couldn’t say a proper good bye to Navdeep too.
There was lot of traffic and I was getting more n more tensed coz somewhere I knew that I was going to miss that flight because of Kashif’s habit of coming late and same happened. I missed my flight but luckily I got the tickets for another flight which was to depart after half n hour.
Then when it was time for check in I had to say good bye to my brother cum friend cum enemy, like idiot he offered his hand and I had to remind him that I m going forever from Bangalore and then we hugged and he had tears in his eyes. He said “ EK PATHAN KO RULA DIYA TUNE” I still remember that coz when I first saw him I never could imagine that we could even be friends. But today was the day when we were crying while seeing off.
Then I walked in, boarded the flight and then finally when my plane took off from the land of Bangalore my heart said “Bangalore I always loved you and going to miss you badly”.

No comments:

Post a Comment