Thursday, March 17, 2011

Yaaron.. Dosti Badi hi Haseen hai :)


Friend in need is friend indeed. From the 5th standard I've been reading/writing this line in books/essays. Hardly thinking about what does it deeply means.
Like everyone I also like hanging out with my friends, talking, and chit chatting with them. Making comments (of-course on others), teasing each other and doing all stupid stuff are some common things we all share. The most beautiful thing about friends is that they don’t judge you. They just love you the way you are, no matter if you've not spoken to them for months but when you're in trouble those are the people who comes in your mind first and you call them to share your problems, if you're happy you want to share with the people who'll also feel happy for you and again you call your friends.
Generally I'm very talkative so I speak to everyone I meet which sometimes is so much fun and sometime so much embarrassing but anyhow I get to know few more people. I've some friends that happened to meet me accidentally and I never knew that we'll become so good friends, like Shikha, I met her in a parlor, Meera, very sweet girl who happened to meet me in the train, Chanda aunty, that again met me in a train and is so charming ki I cant tell you, she is working for an international NGO and I feel so proud to call her my friend. We all are in regular touch. You always need friends who know actual you, who know that what's going in your mind when you're not even speaking anything. Who can feel your pain as well as happiness! Though it seems very rare to find but trust me I've got some and I feel so lucky to have them.
I read one saying long back "You are lucky if you've two best friends in your life but you're more than lucky if you've one best friend through out your life". I truly love this quote!!  
I've got some very good friends for which I'm always grateful to god to have them, also I've had some friends who were not actually under that category but still I thank god to gave me some experience and lessons through them. I also had some very nice friends with whom I couldn't continue my friendship because I couldn't value it when I had. It's so wonderful to be with friends, you always feel light and joyous whenever you see them or talk to them.
For me my friends are always very special and I always give my full to this relation without thinking pros and cons of it. One of my friend was leaving the city to start her career and I still remember that I was so excited as if it was my job, I made my dad to get up in the midnight because her train was at 1:00 am in the night and I wanted to wish her all the best. My dad drove me all the way to the station. Not only this it's just the example, I've troubles my dad a lot for my friends, like making him drop my friends when actually there house in not on the way, sometimes picking them up arranging something for me and my friends and lots more..  And he does everything just for my happiness. But all this things made me realize one thing and that is that GOD has given me a wonderful person as a friend and that’s NO one else but MY DAD.
 I'm blessed with so many good friends and two best friends one is Neeti and other is Rajini. Both are two extreme sides. One is too sophisticated and arranged and other is too Bindaas and spontaneous. Neeti is my childhood friend who always treats me as if she's my mother. She shouts at me, scold me, pampers me and keeps telling me that "you are good for nothing". She's the one I always love the company of! She's too theoretical sometimes, in everything she has to prove me wrong first and then be little protective, for example If some one says something bad or rude to me there are two things I can do, either give it back nicely or avoid that thing. but here if I do the first one she tells me that why did u do it now what’s the difference between you and that person and if I do the later one she tells me that you don’t know how to stand for yourself!!! She's a real pain sometimes. She's the one who's full of fun, and a big comedy. Once my parents were outstation so she came to my place to stay with me and my sister and those days were too much fun and still in memories. We used to go to one of my aunts place to eat coz none of us knew cooking that time so once when we (I and Neeti) came back to the house we found out that the lock on the door was opened so we both got scared to the core and started thinking that someone has broke into the house. After almost 20 minutes we entered the house very slowly thinking that the thief is still inside, we started searching each and every corner saying "koi hai?" I mean it was too scary but the limit was when Neeti knocked the door of bathroom and said "Koi hai?" after some time Rati arrived and then we realized that while going for lunch we were so much involved in our talks that we actually forgot to lock the door and kept it hanging in the latch. How stupid as well as scary that was but now when I think of all that I cant stop laughing.
One day I and she were going to one temple by walk. We were talking and walking on road as it was a park, suddenly she started running, and then she stopped and again started running. I had no idea what was going on. You know what exactly happened?? Actually she was carrying an umbrella (she has this habit of carrying umbrella always as she's so scared of getting tanned) and while talking she was spinning it like a roller and as one bicycle crossed her the corner of umbrella (which was little curved) got stuck in that cycle. Oh god it was soo funny to watch her suddenly running and not knowing what to do! There are so many incidents with her that if I'll continue writing about them, it wont last only.
What can I say about Rajini? She's such a darling! She's a very outspoken and kind hearted girl. I met her during my MBA days, she happened to be my bench mate. Starting days we hardly used to talk cause when I looked at her she appeared very arrogant to me. The silent reason might be coz she was more or like a celebrity. Her father is a director in Tamil cinema, he's Rajinikant's (The god of Tamilnadu) best friend too. She was so popular girl of that batch that everybody seemed to die to talk to her. But later when we started talking I found her so down to earth and so very opposite what I thought about her. She was such a bindaas girl; I think I've not met such a cool girl so far. She hardly used to worry about others and always on her own. And the best quality of her is that she's a true girl. Seriously, you ask her anything and she'll just open her mouth and everything will be out. She was so bad in hiding things.
Every Monday she used to bring home made food for me. I was so touched by this. We use to keep one word for every person in our class. she has this funda that every human being resemble some or other animal and we literally used to stare at people to find out that what animal they're resembling to. She set the trend of putting dark kajal for that batch. After her I noticed so many girls trying to put kajal same way. That time pass in the canteen was too much fun with her. We gave pet names even to our professors. Once I remember that we drew something (small elephant) on the desk where we used to sit, and next day we both were absent and one professor happened to see that. I heard that the person who was sitting there had to erase that with water. Poor him! The funniest part was that we found that professor resembling with that animal and drew him only. Thank God we dint write his name otherwise we were gone! All those presentations were so much fun because we were never worried about marks and all. We used to give the important notes (orally) just before the exam only and that always helped us. And yes how can I forget she's also the most confident girl I've met so far! She's enhanced my knowledge on many topics (corrupted me in a way as she always mention it) According to me she was perfect, but what I hated about her was that she was too impulsive.
Recently she got married to the one she always wanted to. I must say she's very brave too, though she loses hope like every other second. Every time she was in confusing states with so many things. But finally she got what she deserved and I'm so happy for her. I felt so special when got to know that I was the only one from our batch who got the invitation for her marriage. Though there were some disadvantages in being her friend like people use to think that I'm her friend coz of her status and popularity and being with her would give me also some advantage in marks n all as we were in the same group. When I got my job I was not so happy as I never wanted to work as a banker but still then I got to hear that I got that job just because I was friend of Rajini and so only that placement officer recommended my name for the same. Oh god, frankly speaking people were so jealous, but it never affected me and Rajini.
Then, there is Daniel who is my best friend's (Neeti) husband and very good friend of mine. Who's always on my side, if there is any fight or argument between me and Neeti, no matter what? It's so lovely to know that someone having this much faith in you.
Vidushi, who's my friend since the first day of college and it's been 8 yrs we know each other. She says I'm abnormal, self-centered, and egoistic (I've all negative characteristics according to her) but as it's a very long time she knows me so I accept all that! She's little introvert, doesn't believe in sharing things like I do. There are many good memories with her like all those trips (Nainital/roorkee/kanpur/haridwar) and so many other places in Agra itself, we use to talk for hours in the parking area of the college, staircase and labs. She helped me a lot when I came to Bangalore. Though our bandwidth doesn't match but still after all arguments and fights we've managed to be friends. Noori, is my MBA as well as Hostel friend. She's very caring. Neha, she's also my college mate but we became friends during our training at ADRDE. Before that I had some wrong impression about her but in that training I actually came to know that she's a very down to earth and sweet girl. She got married few months back; I so badly wanted to go to her wedding but somehow couldn't make it! Navdeep, She's my flat mate and it's been a year now we are staying under one roof, we both have very few things in common but there is one thing and that is that we both understand each other. And yes one more thing which is we both are spendthrift and love eating out, shopping and watching movie every weekend. There are some wonderful times I'll always cherish as spent in wonder la, innovative film city, shivasamudram, bannerghatta national park, Goa trip, late night movies and so many others. Kashif, He's my colleague and a Nawab, initially I never liked him but now he's one of my very good friends though I fight with him the most, every time shouting at him with no reason. But I can say that he understand me and never take anything bad. He's helped me a lot, when my bike stops because there is no petrol in it, without even thinking twice I buzz him and he comes to help me from all the way. Generally I'm always out of cash and when I need it without even thinking if he has it or not I just go and ask him that I need this much amount and poor him he just take out his wallet and give me the money. There is a silent understanding with him. I've never seen him angry on anyone. We both belong to different religion and we respect it. Pulling each others leg is one of the favorite past time and we do it at least five times in a day. He's very calm all the time also he's very shy and introvert and that's sometime irritates me a lot but overall he's a good friend whom I can count on. Bhavish, he's my college mate, but we hardly spoke in the college. We became after we finished our college and started working. He's my online friend now. Once when I was going to my native I had my fight till Delhi and from there I had to catch the train to Agra. Like always I made a blunder by just keeping the difference between two of 1 hr in between. Then I got to know that reaching at the railway station itself would take at least 45 min so I was much tensed as it was night time so I called him and he helped me like anything, as my flight landed I rushed and came out and saw him with the ready cab, not only this he also carried my bag while getting to my train compartment, it was little far from the gate so it'd been more tiring for me to reach there with the luggage. I like to talk to him because he always cheers me up. Badari, she's my MBA friend. though we were not exactly like friends but there was some connection as we always loved each others company and we used to share some secrets too. She's a sweet and charming girl Sujay, He's a very special friend, I really have no idea how this friendship actually started but I adore this one. He's very caring, decent and of helping nature. Sometimes he's so childish that a 7 yr old kid seems more mature than him and sometimes he's as mature as a very experienced 60 yr old guy. He's a very good story teller; he can make any story out of anything. He loves pretending, oh ma god I get so irritated sometime because of this nature of him. And yes, he's fond of Salman Khan so he makes full effort to copy him. Copycat!! But still He's so dear to me that I could not afford to lose his friendship and wanted to continue this friendship through out my life so I decided to marry him. Last but not the Least, My sweet little Sister cum friend, Rati, She's 4 yrs younger to me but she's the one who knows me more than me, and most of the time acts as if she's my elder sister. Always gives me some or other advice on some or other thing. Her words give me confidence. Whenever it comes to her I'm always speechless. I just love her.
Deepali, Asha, Anto, Joel, Siddhant, Satish, Priya, Gitanjali, Gaurav, Shweta, Priyanka, Shilpi, Nidhi, Neha, Mona, Gayathri and Ram are few names who have made their precious presence as a friend in my life.
Sorry if I forgot to mention any name here.
Friends are like the voyage that helps us making our journey comfortable. And I'm so thankful to all of my friends for letting me have the pleasure to know them and for being my friend. This blog is dedicated all of my friends.

With all the experiences good and bad I've learnt one thing that you need to trust people just like as you do trust yourself. Trust is the key to each and every relation as well friendship.

Yaron.. Dosti Badi hi haseen hai.. ye na ho toh bolo kya ye Zindagi hai..  :-):-)

5 comments:

  1. thats really beautiful..loved reading it...and thanks for mentioning my name...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks da.. happy that u liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends: Well, That's a good piece to show that they can be found in different shapes, sizes and characteristics. You know what? I had a plan to write about a particular friend on his/her birthday. I would love to do that. But, I just don't have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :).. that's gr8.. who's that? yea u seems very busy these day.. lotsa work?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant, for every friend of mine. Everyone has a b'day right?

    ReplyDelete